Public Notice
Kittitas County, Ellensburg WA





That Kittitas County applied for a new groundwater right on October 5, 2015. The application was divided and assigned file numbers G4-35799(A), G4-35799(B), G4-35799(C), G4-35799(D), and G4-35799(E) to account for Ecology’s determination of groundwater bodies in Kittitas County. Application G4-35799(A) was further divided into G4-35799(A), G4-35799(F), G4-35799(G), G4-35799(H), G4-35799(I), G4-35799(J), G4-35799(K), G4-35799(L), G4-35799(M), and G4-35799(N), which are the subject of this notice.


The applicant is requesting general permits, from which Kittitas County will issue mitigation certificates to those needing mitigated water rights for domestic water. The proposed purpose of use is domestic and multiple domestic, and use would occur year round. The requested cumulative instantaneous quantity is up to 92.682 gpm. The cumulative annual quantity is up to 149.6 acre-feet/year, of which 52.5 acre-feet/year is consumptive. The applicant proposes to mitigate for this water use from trust water rights held by Ecology under trust water agreements with Kittitas County.


The proposed sources for this application are up to 467 wells. The proposed points of withdrawal and places of use are located within those areas identified as likely suitable for the Kittitas County Water Bank, Kittitas County, Washington. These areas are within:


Sections 4-5, 8-9, 15-16, 20-23, 25-29, and 33-36, T. 21 N., R. 14 E.W.M.;

Sections 4-5, 8-9, 15-16, 20-23, 25-29, and 33-36, T. 21 N., R. 14 E.W.M.;

Sections 1-2, 11-14, 16-29, and 34-36, T. 20 N., R. 14 E.W.M.;

Sections 13, 24-28, and 31-36, T. 20 N., R. 15 E.W.M.;

Sections 15-23, and 27-36, T. 20 N., R. 16 E.W.M.;

Sections 1-2 and 12, T. 19 N., R. 14 E.W.M.;

Sections 1-8, 10-12, and 14-15, T. 19 N., R. 15 E.W.M.;

Sections 1-28, T. 19 N., R 16 E.W.M.; and

Sections 18-20, and 30, T. 19 N., R. 17 E.W.M.


Protests or objections to approval of this application must include a detailed statement of the basis for objections.  All letters of protest will become public record.  Protests must be accompanied by a fifty dollar ($50.00) recording fee (check or money order only) and filed with the Department of Ecology, 250 West Alder Street, Union Gap, WA 98903-0009, within thirty (30) days from 10/25/2017.





More information is online at
Clerk of the Board

Daily Record: 10/18/2017 and 10/25/2017